First Baptist Church is currently searching to fill the Worship Pastor position. Below you will find more information regarding this position along with a link which can be used if you wish to submit a name for consideration.
First Baptist Church is currently searching for a Worship Pastor with the ability to lead intergenerational corporate worship and oversee the church's missions partnerships. A description of the position and the necessary qualifications are provided below.
If you would like to submit a name for consideration, please provide a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CALL TO MINISTRY must demonstrate a clear calling to the ministry and a heart-felt desire to build the kingdom of God through equipping the church and multiplying disciples
- EDUCATION should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and enough formal musical training to effectively lead other skilled musicians
- BELIEFS should demonstrate an understanding orthodox Christian belief and affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
- EXPERIENCE must have experience leading worship, leading a band, working with technologies related to worship (sound, media, video, etc.), and recruiting & training volunteers; prefer experience directing choir; experience writing and arranging songs a plus
- CHARACTER must demonstrate the character of Christ and display evidence of a consistent Christian witness both in terms of personal character and relationships with others
- SKILL SET must be a proven leader with the ability to inspire other leaders to accomplish the mission of First Baptist Church; should be a gifted worship leader with a heart for intergenerational corporate worship; able to cast vision and develop other leaders
- Work with the Pastor to facilitate corporate worship services that are Christ-centered, theologically rich, and artistically excellent
- Lead corporate worship for weekly worship services
- Oversee all areas of worship and creative arts ministry including worship leaders, band, choir, and technical teams
- Develop leadership to facilitate worship, creative arts, and technical needs within all ministries of the church
- Oversee FBC’s strategic missions partnerships
- Organize short term mission teams to serve with missions partners
- Develop missional leaders to engage with FBC’s mission to love all people to faith in Christ and multiply disciples
- Develop missional opportunities for FBC within our local community through partnership with other agencies and/or ministries